On January 26, Apple released the final build of iOS 14.4. In this update, the developers have fixed bugs, improved performance and added some useful features. Here are the main improvements:
- it became possible to specify the type of connected Bluetooth device (headphones, speakers, etc.) to optimize the volume;
- improved interaction between iPhone and HomePod mini via U1 chip;
- it became possible to detect a non-original iPhone camera by the system;
- added recognition of smaller QR codes;
- Fitness widget now displays the most up-to-date activity data;
- fixed a bug that led to the appearance of artifacts in HDR photos;
- fixed a bug due to which the languages on the keyboard were switched incorrectly;
- turning on Switch Control no longer interferes with receiving phone calls from the lock screen;
- fixed a bug with entering text on the keyboard, which led to a delay in the display of characters and words.
iOS 14.4 is already available to all users. To download it, open the system settings, go to the “General” section and select “Software update”.